Lesco 54 Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kjo43, Aug 18, 2002.

1. kjo43

kjo43 LawnSite Member

Great site you guys have here... Been reading for a while, but now I need some advice.

I was looking at a 2000 Lesco 54" hyrdo walkbehind with a floating deck, It has a 19Horse Kawi and electric start. The hour meter is not functional but the owner estimates 450-500 hours.

It sounds/looks like a well maintained machine. The only issue is he says "Make an offer" Those of you who would consider a Lesco... What would you guys pay for this machine?

Thanks for any input!

2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Tell them $500. You'll then get a response likely to tell you what kind of money they're hoping to get. Good luck.

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco 54" W/B hydro's go for about $4000 or a bit more brand new around here. I have a 2000 36" Stander which is a hydro and I have about 775 hours on it. If the machine was a second or back-up machine or if the guy doesn't have that many accounts, then 450-500 hours might be right. The engine is about right for the type of machine, not over or under powered.
    If it is in really nice shape and clean, looks to have been greased, oil changed regularly, etc. then it is probably worth about $2500.
    JMHO

4. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i Just bought a brand new Lesco 48" 17 Kaw. hydro w/electric start and there standing sulky for $3800. I love it. If it si in good shape most used hydro's i have seen go for around 2000 or less. hope this helps

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used Toro 52 w 18 Koh belt. $1500. The Lesco 54

w 19 Kawi around 2k to 2500. Lesco sells a great sulky for that

mower.