lesco 60 zero turn 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hotshot4819, Sep 9, 2007.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys was at the local lesco today, where i get all my hydroseeding material, and they had there 60" on display. looks like a great machine, anyways, any one have there opinions on this machine?

also i started up there leaf vac, OMG the thing is amazing, im picking up mine next week.

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes we have a member who call tell you anything you want to know about that machine. He owns and operates that very machine. Envy is his handle. I'll bet he sees this thread and answers up.

Nosmo

3. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Don't know a whole lot about cub/lesco but they look like a decent machine for the money. Checked out a tank at a local dealer that also carried exmark. The dealer tried to steer me toward the exmark AS although I rode up there to check out the tank, go figure.:confused:
    Nice looking though.

LESCO.jpg

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah... Missed it until now... been on a vacation getaway and just got back tonight.

5. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

That thing is the same as a cub tank.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yep... and the 07's look even better.

7. Nosmo

Just another opinion -- I own a 54" Cub Cadet Tank -- the same machine as a Lesco 54" it is just a little smaller cut than the 60" with only a 23 HP engine.

Really like mine and other than the regular maintenance items (oil and grease) and new blades the only expense so far has been gasoline. :) If I ever wear this one out I believe I'll move up to the 60".

Lesco Stores have been bought out by John Deere and the opinion is they will drop the Lesco mowers (just an opinion). Cub Cadet parts will replace any that a Lesco needs. One good thing about the Lesco -- it is the same machine as a Cub Cadet with a price tag several hundred dollars less.

Nosmo

8. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

[
    Lesco Stores have been bought out by John Deere and the opinion is they will drop the Lesco mowers (just an opinion). Cub Cadet parts will replace any that a Lesco needs. One good thing about the Lesco -- it is the same machine as a Cub Cadet with a price tag several hundred dollars less.

Nosmo[/QUOTE]

...And it'll be a blessing if this happens. Because, by in large, with only a few exceptions in spotty markets, the focus of the people within the Lesco service centers is largely aimed at fertilizers, chemicals, pesticides, etc. and NOT mowing equipment. In general, they don't have many people from the mowing arena who stay around very long compared to the pesticide application field. And that was a direct reflection of an apparent lack of focus from the confused corporate offices in Cleveland when Lesco 1st tried to enter the ZTR market with the (shudder) infamously poor 'VIPER'. Thus, this was just one of the small flakes that led to the cumulative snowballing effect that forced Lesco to bow down and sell it's stock at 14.50 last spring.

9. Nosmo

I had my first experience at a Lesco Store last Friday. The only person in the store was friendly and helpful but I don't believe he knew his inventory or machinery as well as a salesperson should.

I gave him a list of parts with the correct number from the manual and he brought up a different part altogether and told me he was out of the 54" blades. Long story made short I found the blades I could use in his blade section.

Asked him if he stocked the Rimula 15w40 oil recommended for Cub Tanks and Lescos in the Hydro system. He said no ours use 20w50 . I showed him the fill neck on the 60" machine and it read on a sticker use 15w40 Rimula.

But I hope some company will begin stocking those mowers and parts if Deere drops them from the store line. Those Lesco parts are certainly less costly that what my Cub dealer is asking.

10. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

And that was a direct reflection of an apparent lack of focus from the confused corporate offices in Cleveland when Lesco 1st tried to enter the ZTR market with the (shudder) infamously poor 'VIPER'.....

Well, the experience you had with the inexperienced salesperson can probably be blamed on the 'old dynasty' Cleveland Lesco people that will be phasing out now that Deere has control . I know a number of people who have come and gone from Lesco and I have seen a dramatic change in philosophy that company has exuded. Customer service USED to be the main focus before they went 'global' and moved from Rocky River to Strongsville. Then, 'service' just became a 'department' that you had to go to on the phone, (and then most likely be put on 'hold' there.) The last time I went into a Lesco store was in 2005 in Indiana, and do you know what they thought the most important thing was to write up on their marking board behind their counter? The Lesco STOCK PRICE!!!!! :nono: :nono: