Lesco 80 spreader problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dkeisala, Mar 18, 2006.

1. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Posted this to the Lesco forum a week ago and never got a reply.

I ordered and received their 80 broadcast spreader. I assembled and calibrated it. When the control lever is placed in the full open position, the threaded end of the control rod hits the impeller. The control rod itself has a downward bend about a third of the way down from the control lever. Seems to me that if the control rod was straight it wouldn't hit the impeller? Contacted Lesco and they said it was the incorrect part and sent me a new control rod which is exactly like the one I already have. So, my question to those of you who use this spreader is, should the control rod be straight or bent?

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try flipping the handle the other way, then it should work.

3. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think you have the rod backwords. The one i have bends up word over the middle support bar for the handles. Maybe try flipping it over and see if that helps. i just bought mine about a month ago! Works great! EXPENSIVE but works great.

4. dkeisala

OK - that was so brilliantly simple that I'm embarrassed. Thank you!

5. dkeisala

They are expensive but not much more than Earthway I had that finally died and a far more solidly constructed spreader.

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a new Lesco 80 also. Expensive but am really happy with it. Question, btw, do those of you with the same spreader find yourself having to occassionally shake or jolt the unit to get the fertilizer to start falling? I thought that problem would go away when I replaced my older junker.

7. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have had to a coulpe of times. This only happened because some fert. was left in it over night and it got a little moisture in it and hardend up a little. Other than that dont really have a problem with it.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i have worn out a few lesco spreaders over the years but ill say this the r the best spreader out there

9. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I have this problem too. I wondered if anyone else did but thought it was a fluke that I had now I know better. It's really annoying when the hopper is full and you have shake the darn thing. Wish we had a Lesco rep on here to help us out.

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes! Thats what I'm talking about. . .ok, its not just me then. . .thank you