Lesco aka Home Depot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnnut, Mar 24, 2000.

1. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

Does the Lesco Product at Home Depot bother<br>anyone. I guess I should be happy as it saves me miles to buy it there instead of at<br>the Lesco store.

2. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

you should be the happiest guy on earth. All you have to do is buy one item or get the Lesco store to give you a written quotation on everything you buy. Then take it to your home depot and you get it 10% cheaper. On the downside, you have to pay for it right away, and sometimes they make you wait while the manager calls to verify the quotation. Buy more than 600.00 and delivery is free. I love to see those Home Depot drivers move bags of lime.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lawnnut, i cant tell you why but i was also botherd by that when i saw it. lesco is a quality professional product and it should be degrading to lesco to sell there product in homedepot. i also question whether its the same product as you buy at a lesco wharehouse. i no the leso sold at home depot has a plastic bag and from lesco it comes in a paper....

4. PRGN1

PRGN1 LawnSite Member

HAS ANYBODY BROUGHT THIS SUBJECT TO A LESCO REPRESENTIVE? AND WHAT WERE THE RESULTS ??

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

The Lesco product in the plastic bags is manufactured in Sebring, Florida from what I understand. Most fertilizer I buy from the local Lesco is in the plastic.<p>I know the product from Lesco is fresher than that from the Depot. But I can't blame Lesco for trying to enter the homeowner market. Home Depot has a very limited selection of Lesco products anyway, it doesn't bother me.

6. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

Same paper bag same Numbers 50 cents more then I pay at lesco

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

here's some of the facts. home depot and lesco ententered into a cooperative agreement at sometime befor 1995. the point being that they would both make money (of course that was the point).<p>to my knowlege, the relationship has not worked well. the HD associate was supposed to push the lesco product but they don't. they push scotts and rebel products.<p>for the difference in price, you always get a fresher product at the lesco store.<p>GEO

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I heard that Home Depot bought out Scotts, True or False?

9. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

i believe anderson's bought them out...<br>&lt;p&gt;GO WISCONSIN!!!&lt;/P&gt;<br>sorry i had to add that!

10. mattingly

mattingly LawnSite Member

I hate to add this in here but I have to say this. I have read in here how knowledgeable and great the Lesco reps were. They would write you up a program and everything. Well I decided to go see them and get this great knowledge. They wrote a six step program that includes a summer(july) fertilization. I live in KY and it gets hot here in summer. You never apply fertilizers in summer. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Also it really isn't necessary to apply one spring much less two. Yeah I understand that they want to push product and we want to sell product but I work by a code of ethics. It ain't cool to screw people. <br>MY two cents<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY