Lesco and new revolving credit

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Dec 28, 2004.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Any one have an opinion on lesco's new revolving credit card?

What about them doing away with their normal charge accounts?

I am not signing up for their credit cards. Interest rate is sky high and no miles. I will stick with my AMEX.

Thing that has me a little upset is they say this is for the small business owner. I am one and it actually is going to hurt me. I would charge my purchases and then pay my bill on my CC for total of net 60 days. 30 from Lesco and 30 from the CC. Now it is net 30 b/c it goes directly to the CC.

Anybody else bothered by this or is it me?

Gotta love big corporations "looking out" for the little guy.

2. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

Hawaiian Airlines does $1 for $1

You'll just get a visa to use and @ 1-1.......

Even I can afford to fly to Hawaii with my camping gear... lol

:waving:

3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I wont use it. If I HAVE to buy anything at Lesco it will be cash only and I'll ask for a cash discount. My other suppliers have better terms and appreciate my business.
    The interest rate is extremely high. payup

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

not sure i like it
    i think i will just charge it to my visa and be done with it why pay 2 bills

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i will use my master charge and get a 1% kick back..

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I just walk in and take what I want .
    Phuck them !
    lol

7. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Called about this today to my local Lesco. It does not interfear with your current account. its just another credit card with 23 % interest!!! what a joke. its like those sears cards that people use. I couldn't imagine using a card with an interest rate like that.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Grazer Z

I spoke to 2 people at corporate and both said that I could NOT continue to use my account as I have in the past. That I had to pay by check, cash or credit card if I declined the Lesco card.

Maybe they have some kinks to work out. I hope it is just another credit card, this way I can decline their card. I like the way it was in the past.

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Have you attempted asking for a cash discount ever?

10. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, I always ask some, times they say no but I have gotten 2% off for paying up front.
    Credit cards are a suckers move on both ends. You pay interest if you aren't jonny on the spot in that 28 day billing period and your supplier gets hosed by having to pay a processing fee.
    If you can't pay for it you can't afford it. payup