lesco and symbiot?????

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by DUSTYCEDAR, Mar 14, 2006.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

morning bob
    so do u have any info on this topic and why is this taking so long to hammer out with symbiot?
    i like dealing with lesco but this change in pricing is a problem.
    just want to hear what is going on-on your side of the fence thanks

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Thanks for the email. I talked to our sales team about this, and here's the scoop:

* LESCO's contract w/ Symbiot runs Feb. 1 through Jan. 31 of the following year, so we don't start the rebate process until the end of January.
    * The first step in determining rebates is obviously collections since the rebates are only on purchases that are paid for. Under terms of the agreement, the collections process takes 30 days after the contract ends, which leads you into the first few days of March.
    * Next, we produce final reports, reconcile the figures, produce and mail the checks. This process takes a few weeks, and that is where we are at right now. So, your checks should be forthcoming shortly. Hopefully this shines some light on why you don't see them sooner.

As for LESCO's ongoing relationship w/ Symbiot, we continue negotiating w/ them about our agreement in 2006. As is common w/ deals like these, there are often elements that either party wants to change from year to year, and working through those changes takes time. We hope to reach a final deal shortly, but while the negotiations continue we are continuing to honor all Symbiot pricing that was already in place.

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any additional questions,
    Bob West
    LESCO

3. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Just wanted to post a quick update and let you all know that we have finalized our agreement to remain a Symbiot P3 partner for 2006. The Symbiot members have been receiving the Symbiot pricing thus far as we kept that pricing in place in good faith, but now that pricing is secured throughout 2006, so we look forward to continuing this relationship.

Thanks,
    Bob