1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lesco athletic mix

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CAG, May 4, 2008.

1. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

what kind of feed back can any one offer about this seed. we hydroseeded 3 lawns 10 days ago and checking on them today their is absolutely no growth. i decided to give it a try again after giving up on lesco seed years ago. the growing conditions have really been ideal for the grass to start to pop. we are not new to hydroseeding so thats not the problem we just decided to switch brands because we get the fert, mulch, tack from them so why not the seed. we have 12k to seed on tuesday and depending on the responses i might just go back to what has been working good in the past.. thanks chris
  2. KanAg

KanAg LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I have used alot of their T-mates blend. I find the fescue takes 21 +/- a few days and with their rye blends 7-10. All depending om moisture and soil temps. Things have sarted out slow this spring here as for seed germination.

What is the name of the tack you getting from them?
  3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

KBG is high in that mix so I wouldn't expect much for a couple more weeks. You should see the rye coming through this week. We use that mix alot with excellent results, we don't hydroseed though.
  4. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

im pretty sure the mix is petty even between the blue, fesuce, and rye. i wasnt aware the fesuce can take that long but the rye i hope to se coming up very soon.. maybe im just a little concerned because of the results i have had in the past with lesco. the tack im have been using i think is called fol loc or something to that tune.. i think its the only kind they sell and i have been happy with the results but have not experienced with any thing else.
  5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

most likely the soil temp is slowing things down but it has only been 10 days. you will be fine. what was the date on the bag?
  6. Black Bear

Black Bear LawnSite Member

the seed is fine, several things not working in your favor: cool soil temps-there was light frosts in your area last week, very dry soil so even with the rain we had last week still not much soil moisture to get it going, last if it is the mix i am thinking about the blues and fescue will take 2-4 weeks as stated previously. Keep in mind, the better the seed the longer it takes to germinate. The rye should start coming up soon.