lesco attempted to shaft me

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mak2, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Please dont pull this thread. I know lesco is a sponsor, but every word of this is true. This is march 25, 2006.

On Thursday I went to the local lesco distributor at Harding Street and 465 on the Southside of Indy. I explained to Brent I had just finished my class at Purdue and don’t really know a lot about the business, and asked for his help.

This was on Thursday and I ordered the Rotary Hi-wheel Spreader and 6 bags of dimension to get started on a few lawns I have already bid. Brent priced the dimension at $17.69 per bag. The spreader was priced at $349.00 with the remote control shield and deflector extra, 79.95 extra to be exact. I also ordered the Cover for 15.95. Brent said if I wait till satureday to pick it up he would have the shield installed for me and everything. When I went in today (Saturday) I asked the guy who was working, Brent was off, to check the price I believe it was 349 with the $80.00 deflector included. No he said it was not. Then I picked up the Spring Expo add right there in front of me and showed him the add with the picture clearly showing the deflector with remote control for $349.00. So much for helping out the new guy, try to screw him for 80 bucks. Then he said that picture was kinda deceiving, it really was not included. I have the prices in writing and what Brent hand wrote, when I figure out how to use this scanner I will scan it in. But that was not enough. He said they did not have a spreader to sell me, if they could not screw me out of $80 (oops he really did not say that part). He really just said they did not have any spreader available. I have not ran into people who do business like this for a long time. So now I have accounts to service in the next two weeks and no spreader. Can someone in Indy recommend a good distributor? I might have to go to home cheapo and buy a homeowners unit. It would be nice to find a distribuor you could trust when you are just starting out. IT AINT LESCO. :walking:

2. mak2

Did it work? Guess not. I will try again. Sorry I will have on of my kids do it later.

3. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

I buy my stuff from Advanced Turf Solutions, it is on the Northside (fishers), it may be a bit of a drive for you to pick stuff up, but it is well worth it. They have better product than Lesco and are much easier to deal with, you should try them out. For a spreader, look up "spyker" on ebay, they make a great spreader and you should be able to find a good deal on ebay.

4. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

The basic spreader is 349. remote deflector plus third hole kit, 80. cover 15.95
    445 total. what, can't you add.

5. mak2

rider I know you are a smart guy, I said I have an add right here in front of me with the spreader with the deflector installed for 349.00 I hate it when someone pipes in who does not know what they are talking about. sorry rider guess I am just a bit poed still, I have an add from lesco iwth it installed for $349.00. Yes I can add by the way, can you read?

6. mak2

I will try this again so you can see what I am talking aobut, It just keeps saying upload of file failed. If someone can tell me how it works I would appreciate it.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i know what add your talking about and it does show the deflector shield on the spreader
    now weither it comes with it or not i dont know i threw the add out
    to be honest i dont use the side shield on any of my spreaders i dont need it
    u can live with out it but to say they wont sell u a spreader with out it is strange?

8. mak2

I know dusty cedar, but the point is it is there. He just said they were out, but that did not come up till I started discussing the add with him. Even walmart cant advertise something then change it when you try to buy it. they were jsut taking advantage of me cause I do not know much about the buisness.

9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Did nay one really read the long post , ?
    He lost me at line 3 , geeez

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Please post this in the Lesco sponsored forum, if you really want to get an answer to the situation that took place. The sponsor will not see it here it all, and posting it here does not resolve anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.