Lesco backpack sprayer- yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 2_Djinn, May 30, 2005.

1. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn LawnSite Member

Right now im subbing out all my chemical work cause im not lisensed. However im in the process of doing so and learning as much as i can.

In the mean time im buying the equipment im going to need. I have a "decent" broadcast spreader and Im now looking for a good Backpack sprayer. Is the 4gal one lesco's website a good one?

Thanks

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

They sell Solo Backpacks I believe so yes that would be fine. Solo make one of the finest backpacks out there. Try Gemplers or Rittenhouse as well for good pricing on SOlo backpacks

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I think the Solo and Lesco are one in the same... Lesco just slaps their name on them. They are pretty good, but do a search for solo sprayers on here. I just was reading a post recently that didn't have many good things to say about the Solo/Lesco back packs. I own a Solo Diaphram back pack and so far so good, tho I have never heard a good word about the diaphram sprayer, most people like the piston model. Mine works fine for no more than I use it and no leaks so far!

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

no problems with any of mine....all solo 50/50 diaphram/piston

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using a Lesco backpack sprayer bought brand new a few weeks ago, and the seal split in two already. It's an easy fix, but still...

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I would add that my next backpack will be a solo electric sprayer....

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

The replacement seals are flat gray O-rings rather than the red round O-rings that come with the units. Get several replacements and do all the seals as the gray ones last and last.

8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I used solos for 2 years and leaks and leaks from the lids .
    The factory sent me 4 brand new ones and no different .
    I threw them in the trash .
    I now have 8 sp 3 AND 2 sHURFLO AND 1 rOCKET SPRAYER .
    I would never use a solo again .
    Junk .

http://www.tessmanseed.com/index.htm

9. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy, ...older solos w/ fixed handles can be had for about $79.00 on sale, For the convience, the lesco is only ?...what about $110, but has the added swing back handle....Both work fine, I have 6-lescos for anti-dessicants, compost tea,oils & soaps, ect.....Back-pks offer alot of Bang for the buck w the adjustable brass nozzels.........

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you can find a Pennington BP on sale (sometimes like $69) it is the Solo 425. When you open it everything, instructions, warranty card and customer service are all Solo as Pennington & Solo doesn't even try and hide it. So I use those for Roundup apps all the time at that price.