Lesco bagger unit any ont have one in use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Harrington Landscape, May 18, 2007.

1. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

Hello I am buying a three bag bagger unit and I have some questions about it I called a lesco dealer and the guy told me they were crap. They clog in places where they should not. Also the 12 guys got them and 12 guys returned them whats up with that. I am in need of a bagger unit and that is the style I want to put on. So my question to all of you lawn guys is do any of you use them and are they good or Not. The guy told me that unless you only take 1 inch of grass off or it is really dry that is the only time the bagger will work right. Please help me I hope your input will be good thanks.

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have never run one. We do service work for Lesco. One of their customers had us get one for him and "attempt" to install it. It was missing parts. The instructions that came with it were printed upside down and out of order. It went like page 1, 7, 5, 9...I took the staples out to attempt to correct it but there was no way to get it in any comprehensible order.

We shoved it in a box, took it back to the lesco and told the guy to take his machine to them if he wanted the thing.

So I have no idea if they work or not...just my experience with one. I really dont see how they could work to well since they just blow air into the tube. The grass doesnt pass through a blower like a TracVac or other collection system. The blower just blows air in to kinda force the grass up the tube...who knows, maybe it works.

3. Harrington Landscape

from Erie Pa

I hope that the blower is strong enough to get the grass up the tube I have seen some tanks with just the bagger no blower so i dont know

4. Harrington Landscape

from Erie Pa

bumpin up .......