Lesco bagging plate .....I want to find some type of cover

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Jan 18, 2006.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Lesco 48" wb and I have the bag bracket attached to the mower. Since I rarely use the mower for bagging( not something we do down here) I want to find something to cover the area of the bracket so that it will not discharge grass. I still want to be able to use the mower for bagging, but for the majorty of the time I want to mulch.

Is there a ready made plate out there or will I have to get something fabricated?:confused:

2. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

Lesco does make a mulching plate i believe, although i made one myself and save the money. It is something you have to bolt on, probably takes 5 minutes or so. If you'd like i could take some pics and send u.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

make your own lesco doesn't use baffles you can put quick pins in to hold it on
    You can take It off and on in 3 seconds

4. crzymow

from Pa

if you just block the grass discharge shoot, the grass builds up and falls off in clumps, at least that is the problem i had when i tried it. but if it works for you so be it.

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i made the lesco mulch kit all it is 1 piece of steel

6. crzymow

from Pa

i made mine as well, basically just a curved piece of metal that bolts on

7. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

What I did was took the original pin(from discharge shoot), drilled a hole at the end & put a small hitch pin in. Takes like 30 seconds to switch from shoot to bagger.

8. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I have noticed that that a lot of people have said that blocking the chute causes the grass to blow over to the plate and then fall off in big clumps. I have not had this problem but then I use double blades and have a high lift mulcher on the bottom and then the gator on the top and it chops up everthing so fine you can't see it. Also by blocking the chute you decrease the chance of throwing a rock or something by about 90%. You can't eliminate it all together but it sure does reduce the risk. My insurance company also agrees with that thought. You can you can make your own cover if you can get someone to cut a piece of sheet metal for you and then just bolt it on. Good Luck!!!

Scott