lesco belts sizes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Starling Lawn, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me the correct belt sizes for a lesco 48in. belt drive? I don`t want to pay 50.00 at lesco for 2 belts.I understand NAPA sells the same size belts.
    Thx,Dave

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

as the owner of the same unit you have, I don't think that you can buy the drive belts at napa. I may be wrong.

obviously, you know that the belt is a single belt dual pulley design and I think you might be able to get it ftom a SKAG dealer but not napa.

further...my opinion on this matter is that if you pay less than lesco's price and you get less than the lesco belt performance out of the replacement belt, then you have screwed yourself very majorly.

the belts of a lesco 48 are somehow a superior design in my opinion. I hear the hydro people dissing on belt drives because they slip in wet morning dewey conditions. not my lesco! when it is early in the morning and there is some moisture in the grass...you can't hold my unit back with all of your stregnth!

for the record...last year I replaced my drive pulleys. da** awsome move. it pulls just exactly like a new unit ...or better!

finally, based on my experience, you should run old belts untill they break. with my new pulleys, I put on a set of old belts and they pulled like new. keep the new belts in the truck as spares.

GEO

3. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Lesco

Wheel Belt 36 & 48
    Stock #: 212987 Price: $29.99
    Qty

Item Name

Blade to Blade 36 & 48
    Stock #: 2129885 Price: $15.99
    Qty

Item Name

Eng. to Deck 48 Cut
    Stock #: 2129886 Price: $19.99
    Qty

Item Name

Trans Belt
    Stock #: 212988 Price: $15.99
    Qty

Item Name

Main Page

For more information:
    Landscapers Supply Corp.
    750 Chestnut Ridge Road
    Spring Valley, NY 10977 US
    Email: sales@landscapersupply.com

4. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Thx guys,I`m replacing the engine to deck belt because it snapped.I went to a Lesco dealer and the idiot did not even know how to look up the part numbers.I got disgusted and left.And Geo,you are right about the belts.The belt that broke wasn`t OEM.
    Dave

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

starling--thanks and good luck.

GEO

6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Try your local Gates dealer. I had worked for one here
    no problem except for the wheel drive belts. The off brand was short. I buy most of my supplys from Lesco Stratford Ct. They seem to know their business.