Lesco blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Got Grass?, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

I know there has been tons of threads about double blades.
    But I'm wondering if anyone has tried them with a Lesco 52" with a kaw 19hp. How well do thay work with this setup? and what combo would you reccomend. Would Hi-lifts and gators work well?
    or standard lift? On normal grass? and for tons of leaves?

Sorry to bring the topic up once again. but couldnt find info aobut this mower.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52 Lesco with a17 hp kawi I use Lesco std blades single
    unit cuts very well. I am buying a turbo baffle from scag will let you know how it works. The 52 has the same deckdesign as my
    Scag 61 Sthm
  3. shorelinelawn

shorelinelawn LawnSite Member

I run a 48" Lesco with the 14hp Kaw. I was running double blades earlier this year but, I switched back to single blades.
    I was running a standard lesco blade, and a lesco high-lift blade. I don't think the 14 kaw has enough power to spin the extra weight. I found i had to drop down a gear, and slow down. Also couldn't handle the higher grasses as well as single blade does. On the plus side, it threw the clippings WAY over by there !!!! And it did leave some really nice stripes in the lawns. Maybe a standard blade with a shredder type 2nd blade would work better. I might try this way in fall. Keep in mind that you double the blades to sharpen each time too !!!!!!

Keep the shiny side up, and the greasy side down !!!