1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LESCO coming - should we care?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dkeisala, Oct 19, 2004.

1. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco is coming the the Pacific Northwest this winter, specifically Seattle and Portland. This will mark the first time they have had a presence in our area.

Are their products really any different than anybody else's? Will this be an advantage to us greenies up here in our little corner of the country?
  2. lawncutr

lawncutr LawnSite Member

You will love Lesco....cheaper than Home Depot and many more good products and great advise from experienced people.
  3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think you have anything to loose by at least going to the store and checking it out, I use lesco mowers, and couldnt be happier. Then again, I havent really used a whole lot else. But I think its worth the trip, so what the heck?
  4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have used lesco firt products they are high quality. Low dust low clumping firt materials.
    I have a lesco 48 belt drive finishing its second season. I just replaced wheel bearing on the grass catcher rear side. That is the only problem I have had with the mower. This year I had about 37 lawns last year about10.
    Thier mowers have high horsepower kawasiki motors and stripe verry good. I will get a hydro 48 next year new they are a steel at about 3400.
    Do yourself a favor and look at what they have to offer. The mechanical service in my area stinks but parts are easy. If you can fix stuf yourself it should be ok.
    Just my .02
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You will like them we buy a lot from them they really help you out with there knowledgeable staff.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Not only are they a sponsor here, but they are now going to have their own sponsored forum at lawnsite. :cool:
  7. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone want to buy my lesco split drive core aerator?Very low hours,$2400.I think it's 26"(coring width.)
  8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco products are superior to Andersons et al...I have 2 lesco walk behinds one is 12 years old the other 13 years old both going strong. Good service, good prices.
  9. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I think Lesco products are great. Our local store(Bethlehem) has two knowledgeable guys. Very helpful. I have a WB spreader and a leaf loader from them. We just bought a kawasaki back pack blower. It is kind of odd they didn't have a store there yet. I believe they process all their seed in your area. Good luck. Matt
  10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my Lesco stuff. My dealers are great. Thanx JOE and Jeff. And Phil when you read this and i know you will tell them thanx.