Lesco Dealer/ Best Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mlong30, Apr 21, 2006.

1. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Hi,

I've been using Scott fertilizer for the past 4 years. It's okay, but my yard is still a mess, and I still have more weeds each year. I don't like the fact that their lawn service company charged me $150.00 per application to aerate my yard. I figure if I do this twice a year at that price, and might as well buy my own aerator.

I've been searching this forum and I noticed that Lesco comes up quite a bit in regards to fertilizing.

Does Lesco have a website, and how can I find a dealer locally here in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Does Lesco have a annual program I can follow with their products?

Who has the best products for lawns?

Thanks!

Matt
    Indianapolis, In (Midwest)

2. volfan615

volfan615 LawnSite Member

I'm interested in this as well. I've used a lawn service company to fertilize for the past several years but every since we moved we have had a ton of problems. So now I'm going to do it all myself. I've got a lot to learn on how often and what kind to apply.

3. adawg88

adawg88 LawnSite Member
    from MI

Lesco.com is the web site. On their home page they have a store finder. They also have a product finder so if you know what you are looking for you can do a search, then it will tell you if the local store carries that product and how much they have in stock.

As for an annual program, I do not think they have one. The stores seem very geared toward the pros where the program would be dicatated by soil tests...

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Look on there website and get a phone #. They will be able to help you out!!! Lesco IMO will be your best bet:waving:

5. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

lesco has a forum on this website :weightlifter:

6. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Which, actually, is a good thing...they can look at your soil test results and find something in their product lines that are appropriate for your situation. And everybody is just a little bit different.

BTW, soil tests are easy, too...I'm not sure, but I think some (all?) Lesco stores can help you out there as well, so there's not much incentive for not doing it.:cool2:

7. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Check out the Lesco site. there is a spot where you enter your zip code and it will give you the 3 closest stores, along with store manager names and store phone #'s. As far as is it a good product, the answer is yes. I used it on thousandsof lawns totalling hundreds of millions of square feet of turf over the years, and it has never let me down. It is certainly more expensive than Scotts, but you get what you pay for. If you see a reputable, quality lawns service on the road, odds are they have Lesco products on their trucks. Their managers and assistant managers are generally very knowledgable and willing to answer questions.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco?? If you want the best fert, you ain't gonna find it at Lesco. You have an excellent distributor of Anderson and Lebanon products right in your backyard, Mlong30. Turfgrass, Inc. They are located on West 85th St. 800-274-4341

9. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Do they have a website?

Let me know A.S.A.P.

Thanks.

Matt

10. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

some other outfit that does spraying of residental lawn. In my area I found out that it cost almost as much to do the job myself as does to have TrueGreen Chemlawn do it. Guess what I had them do it. They did just as good of job as I did and I didn't have to do it. My lawn looks great.