Lesco dealers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jul 12, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Why is it that i hear people dogging lesco and getting things fixed. I took my w/b there to have it checked out and joe and jeff from the orchard park store sent me to there store in Getzville where Phils guys hooked me up. I didnt even have to wait. There was 3 mechanics on duty. Way to go guys. Keep up the good work

2. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Lucky you in CT all Lesco dealers rott at service. The middlebery and north haven stores do not have a mechanic. Those are the only two within 20 miles. They are verry good about parts and I can fix most things myself.
    Sofar only normal maintienance no breakdowns.

3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

chefdrp, how do you like your lesco mower? Im in the market for a floating deck hydro, and have been thinking about going to look at the Lesco. Can you give me a product review.

Thanks

4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Lawndog I have a 48 walk behind belt drive 15 hp kawasiki. The mower has not broken and starts on second pull in am and first pull rest of the day. The thing is built like a tank.
    Last year I was part time only 8 lawns. This year I am full time at least 37 lawns a week.
    The mower stripes niceley and 15 hp chops thick wet grass no problem.
    The lesco bagger is not the greatest I hate the big plate the bag hooks onto it is to time consuming to take the plate off when not bagging.
    I am considering the 52 hydro floating deck next season.

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the input Liberty. I have been looking at Exmark and Hustler. But the Lesco floating deck hydro is about a grand less. So I am going to give it some serious consideration.

6. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

The Lesco dealer here has a part-time mechanic who comes in during the mornings. No way I'd buy equipment from them.

They have great fertilizers and other stuff tho.

7. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to the Lesco store that opened up 2 miles from my house.
    Asked about demoing a hydro and he said that I could take it out to the side lot and try it out, he said that Lesco does not demo mowers anymore. I told him that I have 11 lawns only 2 miles away and it still did not sound promising to demo it for a day.

It is very hard to look at buying a mower that I cannot demo on at least a couple of my own accounts to see how it would handle.

But they do look like pretty strong machines. IMO