Lesco did increase mower prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I had read where others were getting these high quotes for Lesco mowers. But up until I went to Lesco.com today, the pricing was still the same as always.

The old price for the 60" ZTR is the new price for the 48" ZTR!!!
    They went up on all the prices across the board.

So I guess the pricing info I was telling people is officially no longer any good.

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

$600 added across the board, plus 6.50% sale tax about $4-500 additional which mean roughly another $1,000 on top of what ever price you have last year for out the door.
    ain't cheap no more, those cheap days are GONE.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Yup, $600 plus 7% sales tax here....
    So the next one will cost me $642 more than the last one for the same thing.

Still, under $7,400 out the door is not bad for a 60" mower.
    Everyone else has gone up too...
    BUT DANG I HATE TO SAY THAT! Ya know?

Anyways, if I was looking for another compact ZTR right now I could get a leftover '05 Gravely 152Z (but with the 25hp Kohler) for less than Lesco wants for their 48" or 54".

Soooo... my guess is that this increase will hurt Lesco's spring sales this year.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I was at my cub dealer today, has a 60" kaw, wide track, new hydro setup etc, for 7199.00 before tax

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

According to the Lesco website the 48" Floating Deck Hydro-Drive Walk Behind Mower is $3,899.00. Im assuming the 6% tax is on top of that..I was hoping to get that machine but they still havnt gotten any in for me to check out.

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Your guy's best luck would be to find an old 05 and buy it for old price.:)

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I did,I picked up an 05 Exmark in January.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Forgot to add that Scag has them beat too with their 24hp 48" Tiger Cub promo deal.

I think they might have a tough time moving those 48" Ztwo's for $6,299 in competitive areas.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Your CUB dealer has always had good pricing though right?
    He didn't go up $600 right?

What do you think of the new hydro setup?

Anyways, my local Cub Commercial dealers had a chance to do business with me last year.
    I wanted the wide track, the local service and the engine choices.
    I would have gladly paid their asking price too...
    Lesco never even crossed my mind until I just got fed up with the locals.
    It was never about the money savings... but it has been all good since.
    (Guess I'm spoiled now... LOL)

But I tell you what, before the mowing gets hot and heavy, I'm taking my Z-Two over to the CUB tractor dealer for them to look it over. I'm hoping to talk them into adding Cub Commercial to their commercial line. They are good folks and would have no Cub Commercial competition from these other yahoos. Plus I could have them service my Lesco once the warranty is out... and maybe start buying Cubs from them in the future.

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That how I got my 05 Gravely 152, and it is the price that all I can afford without getting financed and be happy. It is the only way to buy new out the door if you can not find a decent reliable USED mower in the ad. And when those 05 leftovers are gone (which will be in weeks) the old price will be forever gone. Your 6 grand something:nono: can fetch you nowaday is a 48" deck with baby 19 hp or something similar, noway, noway you can buy any 06 line with that price range....