Lesco Fert Prices

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawrence stone, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Have changed for the better (in the store in my area).

Yesterday I bought some

25-5-11 40% 1.25% iron
    18-24-12 25%
    5-10-31 10% iron

With these 3 flavors on the truck I can handle any situation.

Just Say NO to pre-emergence on bluegrass!!!

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Your title had prices in it so what were they? Let me know how that no Preemergent thing goes. Around here last year even the lawns that had pre-m got bad crabgrass. Maybe its the geography. My knowledge of Lecso's pricing is after you spend x dollars with them you get x discounts. It was too high for me and I went elseware. My supplier drops my mat right to my house.

Mark

3. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

I think Lesco's feeding you crap about the you spend x dollars and you'll get x amount of discount! I gave Lesco exact number in Feb of 2001 of what the minimum I will buy. By the end of the year I was purchasing 40% more. For 2002 asked for prices and was quoted $1 bag higher on pre-m and higher on all the others and was told "last years prices were based upon you spending more than you ended up spending" Explain that? You give exact numbers at the beginning, end up using 40% more, and are told that "last years prices were based upon you spending more that you ended up spending". You think I'm going to bend over and grab my ankles again? Yes they are great help but the sales tactics seem slippery.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Nebraska

Thank you

Thank You

Thank You

Prices Suck, Products are Good, Tech advise is So So.

I though I was the only one on Lawn site to complain about Lesco prices. Yes the year to date sales discount is a Rip Off. The more you buy the higher the price. I have been in business for 15 years and have 15 years of Lesco rip off stories to tell.

THERE ARE MANY OTHER CHEMICAL SUPPLIER OUT THERE WITH GREAT PRODUCTS AND BETTER PRICES. LOOK FOR THEM, THEY DELIVER.

IT IS YOUR BOTTOM LINE.

5. Nebraska

I thought I was the only one in my area with the same feeling but the more I talk to guys in the LC business I'm realizing they have the same issues. It's one thing to increase your prices and explain it honestly, straight forward, and matter of factly. Then another to lead you into thinking they will be lower than they are if you increase your volume. The simple approach holds more weight with me, give me a price, so that I can price my customers accordingly, and if they (prices) go up give me a decent notice, so that I can price my customers accordingly (leave out the other B.S).

6. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I paid $14.35 a bag for Dimension 0.10% 19-0-6 30%ppscu What are the prices in your area? Harvestman

7. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Don't ask Stone about pre-m. You'll just get him all riled up.
    I pay $10.50 for either pendimethalin or team.
    I was really considering doing the post emergent rather than the pre-emergent like he is going to. The thing is, Stone, the timing of so many annuals can vary. How are you going to control annual grasses in ALL of the lawns "timing wise" in one app?

8. Harvestman

Matthew is that Lesco prices?

9. Nebraska

18-3-10 Dimension .10% 20% slow $15.35.

Lesco here wanted 23.90 for 19-3-6 .1% dim w/ 50% scu

10. Harvestman

Thanks Nebraska now I don't feel so bad. Matthew had me thinking I was getting shafted. Harvestman