1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Fert

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by GreenThumb11, Feb 6, 2013.

1. GreenThumb11

GreenThumb11 LawnSite Member

From what I hear JDL isn't carrying lesco anymore. I have heard andersons and howard has some good fert. What is a good blend for spring on warm season grasses? Having to venture out I have been using lesco fert for years. Thanks

2. I use Howard and am very happy with thier products...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. GreenThumb11

GreenThumb11 LawnSite Member

Thank you..

4. tillerstick

tillerstick LawnSite Member

Green Thumb...what part of Fl are you in? I am a local supplier covering North Florida.

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

See if there is an Helena Chem near you. Excellent product @ about 1/2 the price of Lesco

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Just picked up some Lesco today from JDL. Maybe a regional thing.

7. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know why you've heard that JDL isn't carrying Lesco fert anymore. My store just got in 110 pallets of Lesco's 19-0-6 Dimension .10%. We're definitely carrying it up here in Massachusetts. The name is still going strong.

8. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

LESCO's fert was gone when TCS started blending it years back. Same quality specs, as LESCO used. So no one knew any different. Didn't matter. That's over now. No more TCS clean fert in a LESCO bag once TCS bought inventory runs out. It's all a matter of time. They got big inventory.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

TCS is in Sebring Fla. and still going strong bagging fert for several different marketing companies. Shortly after Lesco sold the now TCS plant, I bought a pallet of fert from the then UHS (United Horticulture Supply). There in the middle of the 40 bag pallet were two Lesco bags. Same blend just different Bags.

BTW I tried to buy direct from TCS, Sorry no deal there. They wouldn't sell to me.