Lesco fert

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by lcfd8, Mar 31, 2013.

1. lcfd8

lcfd8 LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried this new fert from lesco that is suppose to have crabgrass control and broadleaf in one???? Just got a flyer in the mail on it.
  2. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

3. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

I like Prodiamine base better, (Barricade) however broad leaf is much better controlled with a liquid application.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking it must be a new formulation with "Lockup" for broadleaf, and "Dimension for crabgrass".
  5. lcfd8

lcfd8 LawnSite Member

I have been using lockup and demension but the one I saw was one fert that took care of both.... Seems to good to be true

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

Well Lesco is sold at Home Depot now that does sell scotts need I say more?
  7. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco is a step above Scott's. by far. Home Depot sells a couple of lescos more popular products. But at a lot higher prices than Lesco or JDL.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

This new product is their Fertilizer combined with Dimension for crabgrass control, and Lockup for Broadleaf Weed control. Everyone knows how well Dimension works but the Lockup is relatively new to the market within the past two seasons and a lot of people haven't heard of it yet. I can tell you that the feedback on Lockup for Broadleaf Weed control has been EXCELLENT! It offers both contact and systemic ability to control weeds and again, the feedback has been excellent. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  9. elitetc

elitetc LawnSite Member

how much is the dimension and lock up for a bag? I asked last year and they didnt have anything with pre emergent and weed control.
  10. Runner777

Runner777 LawnSite Member

I use Lesco fert but I do not use the fert/weed control products. For weed control I prefer a spray application over granular.