Lesco Fertilizer Now Blended By Shaw's

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by bellevilleturf, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bellevilleturf

bellevilleturf LawnSite Member

We liked lesco products but will be thinking twice after this this move by lesco and John Deere Landscape.

This is the problems we have had with Shaw's in the past and we know we are not the only ones that have had problems with Shaw's products.

We bought a semi load of 30-0-10 50% XRT this product did more damage then good to our lawns lots of burned lawns. We used this product and also a 50% Ploy coated lesco product and a 60% uflexx spring valley product all applications where made at same time frame and by the same applicators. The only product that burned lawns was the Shaws XRT product. This happened on Irrigated lawns and with in 4 days of the application being made. The Shaws rep came out and said it was not bad product even though our sale rep from our supplier said he had more then us have failure of the product and that Shaw's Rep said the same thing to others. Even after many emails to Mark Shaw the response we got was its not the product. He also could not understand why we would have been even using the lesco and the spring valley product at the same time guess he could not explain why only their product burned and their competitors products didn't. WELL MARK SHAW YOUR PRODUCT FAILED AND THE OTHER TWO DIDN'T'T WE WILL NEVER BUY SHAWS PRODUCTS AGAIN .

Buyers beware Shaws is now the blender for all LESCO / JOHN DEERE FERTILIZER PRODUCTS effective Jan 2013

2. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

I'm subscribing to see what the consensus end up to be. I use lesco products....

What other suppliers are out there?

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Can you post some weblinks to substantiate this claim?

I used to use JDL stuff and liked it, but our dealer went out of biz and I motated over to Reinders and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I asked the local dealer about the switch and they did switch mfg's. Said it is made per lesco's specs so it will be the same. Of course if said mfg screws up it won't be the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yea... remember when J#D/? Said after ther$ Lesco and said it would beer sammme as llleeessscccooo!!!! REMEMBER¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why you loose $$$$
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have tried several different mfg in the past and have rarely seen a fert produced as clean or with as little dust as TCS. I think jdl is in for some problems switching to regional mfgrs.

8. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

If some of these other blenders (Shaws, etc) were capable of blending TCS-quality fertilizer, wouldn't they have been doing it already? What "specs" could JDL possibly be giving them, considering that TCS would have owned the "specs," not JDL.

That's like selling your BMW and telling your KIA salesman that you want your new car to be just like the BMW...

9. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

They do blend home owner fert

http://www.knoxfert.com/consumer_brands/consumer_lawn_&_garden/gro-fine/

Charles Cue

10. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

How inspiring...