Lesco Fertilizer sold at HOME DEPOT

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by johnap104, Apr 12, 2007.

1. johnap104

johnap104 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if the Lesco fertilizer sold at home depot is the same as the Lesco fertilizer used by golf courses and other professional lawn care companies? I was wondering if it's the same quality and mix. They sell a 19-0-07 Dimension Crabgrass control.

2. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I think it is. I called my local lesco store and asked if the grass seed sold at home depot was the same stuff and he said yes, but they try not to stock the exact same thing so they don't give a direct price comparison. thay sell seed by the pound also. you actually get a better deal at lesco if your buying large quantitys

3. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How much is the 19-0-07 Dimension at Depot?

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Probably comes in a 46lb bag for the price of a 50 at Lesco

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is NOT the same. The stuff at HD is bagged by Lesco particularly for them. They lack many of the contents. I've spoke to Lesco store managers abiut this, and I've spoke to upper management. Now, MANY of the numbers will be the same, but many won't.

6. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

One thing to note in this discussion, Lesco does not manufacturer or bag any fertilizer, these functions have been sold off along with the credit department. I can also tell you (based on 6 years working at Lesco) that the majority of the products sold at Home Depot are the exact same as those sold in the service centers.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Did you work and TG CL before that? :rolleyes:

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This fact about the manufacture and bagging of the Lesco is a very good point and is exactly right. The store product thing I think is a zone to zone thing, because as we (all of us members) have talked to others around the country through this (and other) site(s), we have found that many of these products ARE the same.

9. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Actually it was just TG when I worked there, CL was being purchased right about the time I left. Why do you ask?

10. CrazyJ

CrazyJ LawnSite Member
    from Raleigh

It's ~$8 cheaper for 50# 19-0-6 .15 dimension than I pay directly from Lesco as a small quantity homeowner.

What will really irritate me though is if neighbors catch on and start buying products with reasonable formulations. I still count on the edge I get using a pseudo-lesco program as opposed to scotts over-nitrogen pre-m crap.