Lesco Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by usg2949, May 16, 2005.

1. usg2949

usg2949 LawnSite Member

I am curious to know if anyone has used Lesco Dimension 19-0-6 along with 5-10-31. The reason why I ask, is that I am very unpleased with the results this has giving me. My neighbors are using Scotts and Dyna Green and their lawns have been a dark luscious green since March. Lesco suggested that I put down the first application and then follow it up with a second app 4-6 weeks later. Well, I put my second app down about 4 weeks ago and it looks terrible. Can you tell me what you have used that has given you great results. I am in the Kansas City area with Blue Grass and water regularly.

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Use a fert with Iron in it. Or if you can, apply liquid iron. Last about 3 weeks.

3. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

All I use is Lesco and my yard get's nothing but compliments. You may want to do a soil test and see what you are missing. I also agree you want to add something with iron to maintain that green without the onslaught of growth.

5. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

A lot more to having a good lawn than putting down whar Lesco sells you -- what do the soil test results say -- what is your soil profile. lots of cultural practices as well as grass type that could also play into the picture.

6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Lonnie, you may have misread my post. I do use Lesco exclusively, however, I recommended a soil test and completely agree there needs to be a solid understanding of the current state. That is obviously critical to assess the needs of his lawn. He can then supplement accordingly and then establish a maintenance program. Whether or not he chooses Lesco is his call, I wasn't implying that it's a cure all, but their service and products are top notch.