1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Fertlizing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by packerbacker, May 14, 2005.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Im going to get my certification next month and I was speaking with a Lesco rep and he told me that Lesco had programs where you could have them taylor make programs for each yard you have. They would come up with what each lawn needed throughout the year and how much you should charge. Basically do everything but put it down and collect the money. Is this true? Seems to good to be true.
  2. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds a lot like lawnsite. Buy a mower...sit back and count all that future cash... b.itch about all the competition six month later...
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy from the Independence Lesco store and have never heard that one. Sounds like a lot of headaches to keep all the yards straight for each needs. To start out just get their sheet that shows what to use for each 5 - 6 step application.
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes they will and they will come out and look at a lawn when you have a problem to. So keep in good standings with them and they will help you look good.
  5. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

The location that I deal with will give you a 5 or 6 step program for the general area that we live in. They will make suggestions based on various types of turf. They will also help you with what to do if you bring in the results from a soil test.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I think their soild tests are around 14 bucks. This is the only way I would know of that they could do an "individualized" program. We do something pretty similar to that. though. There are certain lawns that we use different formulations on, depending on what is needed to accomplish what we desire to do.