Lesco floating deck Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Dog2001, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any experiences they can share with the new Lesco floating deck hydro WB?

I was at lesco last week and they gave me a great price on a 17kaw 48" cut. Only $3800. Thats about $1100 less than the price my Exmark gave me on an equally equiped Turf Tracer. My Lesco has a service tech, and shop. They promised me that all warranty work takes top priority. Sounds like a good deal.

Does anyone have any experiences with this new mower, or the Cub floating Deck WB? I was going to wait untill over the winter to buy a machine. But with that kind of price, Im thinking of ordering now and using the next two months to get used to it for next season. Any help would be great.

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the 54" at a lawn show. Should give a good cut

with deck connected to front axle, The 54 has a 19 Kaw.

I have a 52" Lesco fixed deck well made, paid 3k 1997.

Ed

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

not to bad of price, I think the sister brand, cub, is 4199.00 at my dealer right now, thats a 48: with the new type steering controls.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Lesco 60" wb floating deck. Only complaint I have is that it dosnt cut thick, tall stuff very well. It doesnt seen to discharge clippings well and gets over loaded and leaves clumps and strips. It does a great job this time of year. I use it a lot lately. Stripes well and has good power (Kaw 21 hp) and has good ground speed. My Scags & snappers (fixed decks) commercials do better in spring time.

5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i love my 48 lesco Float H/D. Cuts very well and make sure you order a sulky and accelerator catcher.

6. Tim Louis

Tim Louis LawnSite Member

I got a 48" wb, doesn't stripe worth crap but gives a nice quality cut, how come other lesco wb stripe well. is very dependable

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 36", that stripes very well, even though no stripe kit.

8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pj and Chefdrp

Any problems at all mechanically with the mower? Were you guys able to get good service after the sale from your Lesco?

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 48 hydro wb it is a good mower for the money no real problems to speak of my service center here is very good to me.

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

My service from Lesco is great. I have had no real prob with my 48. But i did break a belt. LOL