Lesco green or other turf paints

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Nov 20, 2005.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Those of you who have used turf paints in the past, did you use your traditional chemical spraying equipment?

I'm thinking about doing some of this, but concerned about what it might do to my D30 pump.

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we have done some...not a lot

we did do a baseball field...this complex has 5 or 6 ball fields and one of them is not irrigated. They host a tournament there every year bringing in teams from all over the place and they wanted the dormant field to be green.

found that the finer the spray the better the result and we did use a D30 pump....no known problems

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Be sure to take your screens out first as they can clog. And agitate the heck out of it.

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

And clean it out after or you will ruin your sprayer.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i used a back pac to spray it worked well i used a large fan tip

6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

flush your pump and tank with clean water when you are done and you'll be fine, otherwise, it can dry to a film on everything, which takes a good amount of pressure washing to remove. I agree that a finer spray is preferred with turf paint and it doesn't take a whole lot to get a decent coverage. One thing you need to be aware of that we've encountered is that heavily coated areas seem to break off with foot traffic, sort of like what you may encounter with frosty lawns. Just keep that in mind and find a mixed shade that works for your application, then clean it out and ready to go.