Lesco has a high mark-up. Were else can I get the gears for a Lesco hydro spreader.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by spray_man, Nov 7, 2006.

1. spray_man

spray_man LawnSite Member

Looking for an alternative to Lesco prices. Does anyone know where I can get the gears for a lesco motorized spreader? I already have a source (halve price - compared to Lesco) for the hydro motor.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here, we have a place called MESCO, which is Manufacturers Equip. Supply Co.. You can buy any belt, pulley, idler, and gear for a fraction of the cost as ANY dealer charges. A belt, even a wrapped and wound belt, such as the ones used as the mule drive belts for our mowers are just over half the cost as what the dealer gets.
    Anyway, go in to your yellow pages, and see if there is some place like that around you. Good luck with it.
  3. spray_man

Part of the problem in looking for an alternative supplier for these gears is that they are not marked with a manufacturers tag. Does anyone know who makes the gears?
  4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

you're talkin about the chain drive gears? we get them from a local company for far less than lesco. I got to get to work right now....i'll get back with this companies website latter on

BTW, we purchased the 'third' wheel from lesco @ $75. I asked them to remove it/keep it and ordered one from northern tool for $12 plus shipping
  5. spray_man

Thanks lawnservice,

I do mean the chain gears. I am also interested in the third wheel. Is the one you bought from Northern, a wide one or a thin one? I like the wide solid kind. Seems a little more stable. What about the other wheels, the sprockets, and chain. I seem to beat the heck out of these spreaders pretty good. If I had a little supply of spares, I would really be happy. But Lesco's prices are a little high.