lesco hps machines.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Jul 30, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I really like these machines. We banged out a 14 acre fert/merit app last week in 3 hours. 2 men, 2 hps machines.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

they look like a good piece of equipment. they have a reasonable price but they need to find a way to build them a sprayer.
  3. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

thats like a little over 2 hours per acre

not very impressive to me

plus you'd have to go over that 14 acres a second time if you were applying weed controls as well
  4. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Recheck your math, I think you will find it is 42 minutes per acre. Which is pretty good average over the whole project when you consider reloading spreader and no doubt a little conversation going on between reloads. Add to the fact your ass isn't dragging. The HPS wasn't designed as a spray unit you want that get a Perma Green or Z Spray. The HPS was designed to allow a user to bang out large properties at 1/2 the price of the other units. Besides how many times do you really spray a year. Is the sprayer on a PG worth $3000.00? It might be to some applicators who spray alot, but if your properties are relatively clean seems it could be an expensive small sprayer.

5. lawnservice

I stand corrected

no excuse.. but i wasnt doing so well this morning, been dealing with some invoicing issues with ....lesco...then i powered up the internet and see some praises for a lesco product. being the quick-to-speak and slow-to-think kinda guy i am....i stuck my foot where it dont belong.

your points are all well taken

and i am always glad when things are workin out for someone (sometimes jelous?) way to go lawnking

(i also should add that we use lesco spreaders...those old 3 wheel hydros that you walk behind. they get heavy use. we added spray tanks from perma green...most think we are nuts for walking behind those things, especially now with all this friggin heat, but it works very well for us.
    so once again..{hanging my head in shame}..i stuck my foot where it dont belong.
    my bad)
  6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

First off, this property is a residential home and the property is rolling hills,some steep, so there was no moving the truck around. Second, im not suprised lawnservice found fault with my work! Third we were dealing with passing showers.
  7. lawnservice

I didnt say anything at all about your work (not on this thread or any other). Fact is I know nothing about your work and I couldnt care less. (interesting though, that you feel you need to defend your 'work')
    I merely made a comment about the piece of equipment you used. (isnt that why you posted this thread....you mentioned a piece of equipment and I made comment...or were you just bragging??? And i offered an appology for making my comments...which by the way i feel lesco's hps is a piece of crap...so dont misunderstand, I am not appologizing for my opinion....only for posting it)

have a nice day
  8. Mscotrid

from USA

WOW! I was gonna make a comment about Lawnservice math, figured he used his time and material calculator first time. I used the Profit and Loss calculator. I have used the TM calcualtor on numerous jobs with great results.

This thread went south real quick, unlike LS I like the HPS it has performed great with minimal maintenance. I've mounted a srayer caddy for a hand can on the fender to spot spray. I'm fortunate that the majority of my properties our clean. Nothing against the PG just feel I can get a better spray system for the $3000.00 difference.

I guess hot temps bring out the best of us sometimes...THINK SNOW
  9. lawnservice

mscotrid, you did mention that my math was wrong and I let it go at that.

hmmmm....3 hours X 2 men = 6 man hours....no?

14 acres treated

6 man hours to treat

thats a long time

is it a total of 3 hours with 2 men (as in 1.5 hours per man?)

SO, I may be misunderstanding how many man hours did this application actually take?

(doesnt matter,,,,,i dont care)

Lawn King obviously feels that I am judging him in some way (probably comes down to his Symbiot threads that I chimed in on, i dont know)

Very high likelyhood that Lawn King and I know each other....not a lot of people in MA that have been around as long as either of us has. So I wouldnt be supprised if we worked together in the past...or we sat near each other at some seminar and talked....it is a small world/industry.
    I used to be heavily active in our state association (not so much these days) I dont know if he is a member or not but if he is I'm sure we know each other.

Anyway, guess I'll stay clear of his threads for a bit so as not to ruffle his feathers again

Extreme heat for tomorrow (as if today isnt bad enough) we will shut down our operation for the day so the guys can stay cool at their homes (we will be looking for a couple of big production days by the end of next week though to make up for the day off.
  10. Mscotrid

from USA

I think we can agree to put a fork in this one, I think it's done. lol. But with that said there are so many more threads on this site bet ya $5.00 american I can piss someone off quicker than you can...lol