1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco HPS (service update)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Jun 10, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The lesco HP machines streak when the impeller wears. There is a metal bracket around the under collar that connects to and wiggles the agitator, when this bracket wears down the plastic collar it throws the calibration out the window! Running 2 of these units, i would say after approximately 300 hours, replace the impeller.
  2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

when the impeller wears it will effect the pattern of the spread(usually a smaller spread) which could streak a lawn but the calibration is strickly done thur the three holes opening. I've used LESCO spreaders for 20 yrs. was in charge of 10 spray trucks. i always calibrated at the begining of each season
    very rarely were two spreaders the same.i now work at a LESCO in fla.
    a five dollar calibration tool and save hundreds of dollars
  3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

#1 if you work for lesco you should already know about this HPS problem. # 2 your responce to my post was full of useless information!