lesco hydro 48

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eads, Mar 13, 2001.

1. eads

eads LawnSite Member

just got a new lesco 17 horse hydro it has a fixed deck,i have never used a 48 walk behind before any opinion on the fixed deck and about lesco products.I paid 3299.00 new
  2. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

I have same mower. Great machine, hydro took us some getting used to, different from belt drives. Cuts great in almost all conditions.
  3. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

I recently demoed Lesco 36 and 48 hydros. I compared to other major brands (Ferris, Exmark, Toro, entry level machines). I find the Lesco to be a good, solid, competitive entry. They have some sharp pricing now, too.
    Took me a while to get over their connection with MTD. But, as MTD Pro is a separate division (and manufacturing facility) and seems to kow how to make true commercial quality mowers, I now would not hesitate to buy one.
  4. Guest

We use that same mower. Very little trouble with it. Has a very touchy blade engage and it affects the electric start but other than that a good mower. Not a GREAT mower, a good mower, but for $3200 you don't get a GREAT mower.
  5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive also got the same mower, for the ammount and conditions that i cut in it just seems to be lacking power, i would have rather had a 20 kohler on it instead
  6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

hey group, ihave a 48 hydro mtd pro same as a lesco only thing is a diiferent color than a lesco . i have to agree it will work for the guy doing 10 or so yards . I couldnt pass the deal when i bought mine so i said what the heck.the one thing i do like is the manual engage and the sulky is heavy duty ive talked to some repairmen in my area and i got the biz for buying the mtd but they all said just keep up with your maint. good luck!!!!!!
  7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes LawnSite Member
    from WNY

I just bought the same mower tooooo. What a great deal $3,299 i couldn't pass it up. I also added a nice sulky to it so i could gain some extra weight this summer. I can't say enough about Lesco and my local dealer. I could type for days but the phone is ringing off the hook and i have estimates to do.
  8. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I think that many have avoided the Lesco line of commercial mowers because of their faer of the MTD associastion. I think it is time for Lesco to step up to the plate and prove to the market they are not just great fert guys but great equipment dealers and service centers as well