Lesco Hydro Walk Behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Jun 3, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Long story short, I had a lady call me last night and wanted to do a trade/cash deal for my Toro ZTR.

I've been wanting to get rid of it for a few weeks now, being its too large of a machine for my operation. I was going to wait until I could afford to PAY CASH (I don't know how you guys do financing, it drives me crazy being in debt) for a new 48" WRIGHT Stander.

She doesn't want to buy my ZTR, but wants to trade me this and the difference in cash.

Heres the mower she wants to trade me:

Lesco 48" WB (I forgot the year, but its newer)
    17hp Kawi
    358 Hours
    Floating Deck/Hydro Drive
    Two Wheel Sulky
    Grass Catcher

She has the WB listed for $1800, and I told her I wanted $2500 for my ZTR, so i'm hoping we can meet somewhere in the middle, and get me a new mower (temp., I still want to get a Stander this year, then trade the Lesco off)

What are your opinions on this machine? Lesco in general?

Thanks!

-Mitch-

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I love mine. It cuts great and it overall is great machine. Sounds like a good deal on the mower as long as it is a gray one with a floating deck. If it is a green one it is older then you think. Got any other questions just ask.

3. Ryanwhite5

Ryanwhite5 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

i just bought my lesco not to long ago and love it, but one ? on the hour meter it keeps flashing lube on it and ive lubed all the grease points and its still there what will fix it.

4. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Is it the black one? If so RUN. Mine stays in the trailer most of the time. Cant really get parts either because they dont make them anymore

5. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

It will go away in a bit, They are set to do that every xx amount of hours.

6. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've owned many Lesco's and still run them. It does sound to be the black one , because of the floating 48" deck. I've never owned that one but it seems no one wants that machine. I've only heard bad things from the black one.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

lesco is all i buy good machines and a good price

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Apples and oranges, perhaps, but I hate my 36" fixed deck. Too hard to operate. Sitting on blocks in the barn where I keep stealing parts for my Toro...