Lesco Hydro

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by davidw221, Apr 8, 2006.

1. davidw221

davidw221 LawnSite Member

I just sold a Lesco hydro 48" mower, and I had the service done on the mower, well the new owner says the hydro is slipping, I had the service guy, change the hydroylic oil and the filter, could it be there is air in the system, or is there an issue with the pumps, it runs even on both sides, just slips? the new owner is unhappy, and I don't blame him, can anyone help with a solution to this issue?

ole Dave needs the money!
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

well, my old simplicity regent had problems with the Hydro sliping, the dealer, said it was the hydro pumps. they replaced it twice in one season, before they discovered a warped axle housing(i think)
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

check the belt tension that goes from the engine to the hyd pumps.

LESCO...MECH LawnSite Member

My guess would be check the belt for the pumps if thats ok then i would make sure that the fluid is up in the tank 20w-50 and to get air out of the system open the by-pass valves on the the pumps and run the mower for about 5 to 8 minutes with the by-pass open and engage the control levers and squezee the handles as to go in reverse and back to forward again , do this for a while and it will work out the air in the system,but do make sure you have enough oil in the tank,should come up to hole in the filler neck.