1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco is out of seed!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ProLawns, Sep 24, 2006.

1. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I ran out of seed so I called Lesco to see if they had plenty of Tri-Gold in stock and they were out and weren't getting any more in and they had very little Transition blend left. They told me to call the corporate office and complain. This is pathetic. We're right in the middle of seeding season and Lesco runs out. I had to go to their competitor.
  2. careful you might find a better seed at a better price.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Funny, I was in Lesco in Wichita KS today and they had some 10 pallets each of trans. blend and Tri Gold! I asked the guy there about them being out and he laughed...
  4. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Lesco was out of seed in Richmond last week. I was also forced to go elsewhere.

5. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thats funny. I went by my store last Friday an they were slap out of every thing (seed) said"they sold 80 thousand lbs since the last time i was there (9-1. We got 1300lbs. small order but i knew i would need more ) "Why doesn't the local guy's let the main office know about the dry weather an the possibility of a run on the market for the area????You would think that the main office would watch the weather as much as WE WOULD!!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Pallets and pallets of trigold gone in three days we went with transition.
  7. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

They are out of seed again. I called this morning and all they have is some rye. This is the forth time this year I have needed seed and they have been out. I love the way they have treated me, but if they don't have seed I'll need to go elsewhere.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Have you tried the store in lynchburg, Rick has/had a good supply, plus they are a mobile store also. I know they deliver as far as charlotesville, maybe even farther north

9. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco was out of seed in the st. louis area too (transitions):nono:
  10. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Wayne, I have always been able to count on Lesco having seed. Lesco running out of seed is like a plumbing supply company running out of pipe. I have started buying from Landscapers. There price is higher, but I can count on them.