lesco is very good, your loss!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakegastonla, Jul 3, 2000.

1. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Dave...blah blah blah, blah bla bla blah.<br>Yeah , whatever. I own a lesco with a 15 horse kawasaki(no briggs offered by lesco) v-twin I also own a bobcat walk behind. Both are 48 inch walks, belt driven. I'll take the Lesco any day over the bobcat. Hey, I've got both, and like both machines but I can see the quality diffrences in build and in cut and they DON'T favor the bob. Change blades at the same time (at LEAST once a week) and service at the same time. Maybe you should look at what lesco currently offers(as in the past 3 years!!) instead of a cheaper machine someone got the disposable engine on. The casters, deck, and engine deck are all made of 7 gauge steel!! (engine deck and skirts on the mow deck for bobcat are only 10 gauge) Casters on lesco are I-BEAMS, not square tubing. Come on, know facts before you blast an entire line!

2. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

as far as im concerned they are still junk,read the previous posts,know a guy real well has a LESCO!!!!he liked the price until it went back 2 times in the first month as his 100+ lawns needed to be mowed ,and you say its quality,yea right

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Here is my opinion on this.....<p>If you don't own the machine, work with the machine on a daily basis, or are a mechanic that works on power equipment you don't have much say in a piece of equipment and your input on the quality and performance is null and void. Everything else is here say.<p><br>Thats my opinion.<p>Chuck Keough<br>LawnSite.com

4. Dave

from RI

i have worked on them both,as im authorized,kaw,kohler,shindaiwa poulan,jonsered,bobcat and mantis and i was not born yesterday,i have also workrd on many cub cadets and we all know what mtd did to them

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

There you go then......<p>Take it away boss! :)<p>

6. snow

snow Guest

lakegastonla- i think everyone is entitled to their opinion. well, yours i a little of track. just because you like green garbage (aka lesco or mtd &quot;pro&quot;) you don't have to yell at dave. I have not seen a person all season in my town carting one of their mowers around. my equipment dealer says their junk, along with other users. Dave is a dealer so i think he'd know first hand. use the search function to find all the VERY positive comments about them ;).<p>Bryan

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I don't know why the trashing lesco session started here. obviously on another discussion that I haven't gotten to yet.<p>dave, what brand do you deal in?<p>mr. administrator, nice for you to weigh in on this. stand by. could get ugly.<p>GEO

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Dave (not to be confused with me!), I hate to say this but if your friend brought his mower to Lesco for repairs they would have givin him a loaner to cut his 100+ lawns with. Did you? If you did, do you do that to ALL your customers? I'm not bashing your opinion cause everyone has their own, but why are we wasting time with this? No one could learn anything from this. Someone told me it was good for the new guys to see wich mowers are good and wich are not. If you read every post here from every person, I don't think there is 1 good mower on the market that somebody didn't have a bad experience with. $hit happens ( a lot) I'm sure your firend did have a lot of trouble with his Lesco. Weather it have been a preventive maintenance issue, an abuse issue, or maybe it was just a Lemon??? Who knows. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND : I know people that have swore by Lesco's for years and years and knock on wood, no problems! So I guess its everyones own experience with the mower.<p>Remember the guy who swore Lesco was junk because he didn't like the pistol grips!!! What did that have to do with quality?? What about the other guy that was smashing Lesco because of a problem with his engine!!! Did you ever see a Lesco built engine?? NO!! But these new guys are getting bad opinions on machines because of stupid stuff that people are saying, and not looking t the quality of the mower itself.<p>Well I'm done, but I do want to add one more thing. I'm on kind of a neutral ground when I stick up for Lesco. Yes I had one, yes I liked it. But I'm an EXMARK man, and always will be. Liked them a lot more. I said this because I don't want you to think I'm just one of these guys sticking up for his own mower. Hell, I've been running toro and hustler riders for the past 2 years in the Air Force and I like those too, they take a good beating, especially the hustlers. Well cut the crap I guess was the morale of the story. We can whine all day about &quot;who's is bigger&quot;!! Later guys<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

9. Dave

from RI

Guido,no they did not give him a loaner,ill change my way of spelling,i won't call them junk,ill say i just don,t like them,and yes i bought a bobcat demo for myself to use as a loaner,as i have a loaner for everything i sell as the northeast is a fast growing season may& June

10. lawnsurfer

lawnsurfer LawnSite Member

Hey guys what do you think of this idea?Have a seperate area in this forum to list the equiptment you use on a daily basis and what the pros and cons are. It could be set up like this.<p>1)name of mower or piece of equiptment(so you could type in the type and the search feature will take you right to the posts)<br>2)pros <br>3)cons<br>try to include info like fuel economy,parts availability, certain problem parts, speed etc.<br>This could be set up like a consumer reports guide except it is by us, the people who use this stuff day in and day out. I don't know what do you think?