Lesco/JDL guys

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TJLANDS, Sep 1, 2009.

1. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

How much are you guys paying for the lesco 24-5-11 straight fert. by the pallet. 5%iron 30% slow
    Today was like my last straw with lesco, they wouldnt budge on 18.95 a bag
    when I was there today to pick up 2 pallets.

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Find a good ag store or co-op.

I am paying less than that, and urea is always higher out west. 34-3-11 with 2% fe for $13.69/bag.

3. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks,
    Yeah I know, made a deal with a local fertilizer company late this afternoon.
    Reed and Perrine. They are making up my order for tommorrow.
    25-2-10 5%fe 30% uvex $14 a bag.
    I guess lesco is going off the Fert route. 6 pallets a round is not big enough for them anymore.

4. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

How would I go about finding a co-op here in Charlotte NC I messed with google a little. I am also looking for better pricing then what we get at lesco/JDL. Better seed would be nice also.

5. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Try CPS...Crop Production Services. They are nationwide.

6. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

AGREED!!! we are going to use about 20 pallets for our last round of the year and our local Lesco/JDL is full of useless idiots. they all hate working there and are always miserable and have better stuff to do. try ordering from them and its even worse. I ordered rubber boots from them august 18th. Called them twice to check on them and they finally showed up today and we still had to go pick them up. TWO WEEKS LATER!!!! i actually ordered two more pairs from gemplers 5 days ago and they were at my shop this morning. I am officially done with them.

P.S. the fact that i said i am using more fert was in no way trying to instigate a pissing contest.

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Check with a local farmer and ask where they get their stuff. Keep in mind, ag fert will NOT be the same quality.

8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, we'd be glad to help you out with Nutrients PLUS granular fertilizers. :)
    Great prices, great results, great service and the benefits of organic based blends.

9. Reddog33

Reddog33 LawnSite Member

Charlotte,
    Please check your messages.
    Thanks,
    Reddog33

10. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

Phasthound, we have 22 pallets of NUTRIENTS PLUS, 16-2-3 being shipped to us as we speak. The results speak for themselves
    Posted via Mobile Device