Lesco/John Deere ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Phil Juilfs' Lawn Care, Apr 3, 2012.

1. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I think a big reason why most guys go with the Lesco is convenience of parts. At least in my area a lot of the companies selling earthway do not keep a vast array of parts in, and mostly only have pins, a couple agitators and maybe a gear box. When something random goes, you are stuck waiting for it to be shipped to you. Where as with Lesco spreaders, when I was their, I had dozens of even the most part in stock, the only thing that usually was in an overabundance were frames and hoppers that we might only keep one of. A guy could come in with a beaten speader and leave with it good as new in a half hour, or next day if it was severely beaten.

2. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

Look into Spyker spreaders. Best on the market IMO.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

It's too bad they don't make a commercial version of the 20 series with a stainless frame. No sense having a stainless hopper and a painted frame.

4. Phil Juilfs' Lawn Care

Phil Juilfs' Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the advice. It is greatly appreciated.

5. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

I would advise going in personally to speak with a Sales Rep. Their websites suck...its like the big bang theory between websites...leads to no/bad info...dead ends...nothing its terrible...BUT going in and asking for "this years catalog" will yield exactly that...a catalog containing all the equipment you requested. Usually way over priced for the market...but if you have a lot of deere it can be a good thing...no downtime and excellent service. Bad website...its never been very user friendly.