Lesco Lawn Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Landscape89, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Anyone here use Lesco? In the past I've used Scotts fertilizers but I want to switch to something a little more professional for my yard. Does Lesco have a 4 step feeding program throughout the year? Any input would be appreciated.. THANKS!

2. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Use the search option on this site. All your questions and then some, will be answered. Good Luck.

3. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Scott's makes some good products - VG for homeowners who pick them up at big boxes like Lowes/Home Cheapo. I think they are better than a lot of Lesco stuff (too much MOP in Lesco).
    Lesco of course has a little of everything you need for one stop shopping, sometimes priced well, sometimes not.

4. arpat2

arpat2 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Does Scott's make different grades of fert.? The four step program at the Home Cheapo is packaged differently and less expensive then the nursery. I prefer to buy it at the nursery because I don't trust the big box stores. The nursery man said that Scott's is the best for residential applications. What do you think?

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

The nursery man don't know chit.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

My 2 cents use lesco it is not really that much higher your hard will look tops.

7. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Leco or scotts -- doesn't matter which brand! Both have basically the same ingredients inside thier pretty bags. Difference in the slow release characteristics and sgn is the primary difference.

What matters is a well thought out program approriate gor each of your customers yard

A good turf guy could make a good lawn using either brand.

Howver,their are better choice than both of those on the market both in terms of quality and price.

8. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Lonnie

I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine...

SPELL CHECK

9. fertit

fertit LawnSite Member
    from 97034

When you buy Scotts- you're most likely getting the homogeneous particle Turfbuilder products. A bit pricey over time for a business. If you're a homeowner, it's a no-brainer. If you want methylene-urea type products, your best bet is to go with a Nutralene based product blend, which will last longer than the Scotts product does. These are only available in pro blends for the most part (Wilbur-Ellis out west)- but some stores in the Midwest carry Nutralene containing turf ferts.

eallison4 likes this.