Lesco Lawn Renovator Question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Hud, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Hud

Hud LawnSite Member

It's got the 8 hp Honda engine. Hydraulically driven wheels and seed discharge chute. It's a great little machine, because, IMO, it's so simple. I use it a lot. I bought it new, and since new, reverse has been pretty puny, pathetic actually. Forward is fast! Anybody here have one of these besides me, and if you do, how well does reverse work on yours? Is there anything I can do to speed it up: bleeding or whatever? The manual, if you can call it that, is just a few photocopies; very litle info. Thanks for your help.

2. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

I too love the machine. It makes allot of $$$. My reverse is fine. Not fast but as fast as I want to go. I have to make sure the blades are off or it wants to through th belt off.

3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

What does it do? Overseed/slitseed? Just wondering.

4. garyslawn

from NE Ohio

It does both. Quick way to improve a weak lawn.

5. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

My reverse is very weak too, but I don't consider it an issue.

6. Jason Pallas

What's the cost on these units?

7. garyslawn

from NE Ohio

Up To $3600.00. Find a good used one.

8. Jason Pallas

yeah - no kidding! I bet they've very tough to find used. Heck - it's tough enough to find a good used aerator that they don't want an arm and a leg for.

9. garyslawn

from NE Ohio

There is 3 aerators 4 sale by me, like new $600.00 each. If you want phone # let me know . Cleve, Ohio

10. Jason Pallas

Holy ****! That's a good deal. Thanks - I'm all set on aerators (although I'll ask a few of my buds in the biz). In metro Detroit, you're lucky if you can find a half beat, used up old ryan for under $1,100. It's ridiculous!