Lesco Lawn Renovator

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Chipper36, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Chipper36

Chipper36 LawnSite Member

Does anyone use the Lesco Lawn Renovator (slicer, seeder, dethatcher) to overseed existing turf?

It seems like it is only designed to seed bare ground...
  2. MN Wildwood

MN Wildwood LawnSite Member

It is a wonderful machine, We Bought ours last year and did a few renovations, overseeding (within existing turf) and dethatching. It has worked wonderful and given good results on all but one customer, but they chose to water only for 1 week after seeding, then everything we did dried and died.
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I've owned the renovator 20 for 4 yrs and its a $$$ maker. The only thing I use it for is slice seeding. Min. charge $200 and thats just for a few spots, lawns are sliced in at 10 cents sq. ft. and if there watered and cared for like a new lawn that is what the results look like. I never used it to seed bare ground on a new install.

4. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one last fall and did several overseedings with it. It does a great job and is a real money maker.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

great machine but u need 2 cut the grass short or u make a mess
  6. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Very true. It will also kick up a lot of thatch while seeding.
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Iv used one as a rental and liked it a lot the one I used had a chain that kept falling off but I think that was more to poor maintenance of the rental company. I wish to buy me a slit seeder this year I'm just not certain yet if it will be the renovator or if there is another brand that has some better features. If anyone has a different preference id be happy to hear about it.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the chain comes off because of poor maint. it has a woodruff key that holds it all together and if the allen set screw comes lose or moves it will fall off
    great machine if u take care of it
  9. tim16

tim16 LawnSite Member

my machine is up for sale but i'll tell you alittle about it. we have hard clay ground here and in new construction yards it does great . its better on patch work in old yards. i'm selling because most people in this area wants sod laid (quick jobs). very good machine!!!!
  10. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i was thinking about buying a ryan overseeder.. heard they were the best