Lesco Line Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Apr 8, 2000.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

i need any info good or bad about the lesco line of line trimmers...thinking about gettin one, alot cheaper then green machine!

2. I think they are made by echo.

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

They used to be made by echo, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, now by some Japanese company. They are not the best by any means but they are much better than a Homelite

4. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

If you are going commerical look at Shindaiwa, RedMax or Stihl

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

NOTHING WRONG WITH LESCO STRING TRIMMERS, BOUGHT MY FIRST ONE LAST MONTH ON SPECIAL.<br>I GOT THE SMALLER ONE AND HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK THUS FAR. ALSO AS MENTIONED BEFORE BY SOMEONE ELSE, LOOK AT REDMAX,SHINDAIWA,STIHL(NOT WHAT THEY USED TO BE...SOME BEAN COUNTER MUST HAVE TOLD THEM QUALITY COSTS TOO MUCH) AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ECHO, ACTUALLY I JUST RECIEVED AN ADVERTISMENT ABOUT A FACTORY&quot;SPECIAL&quot; CHECK OUT THIER SPLIT BOOM MACHINE SEEMS INTERESTING.

6. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

There are plusses and minuses to these forums where anyone can post. In this case, people &quot;think&quot; they know the answer and pass along false or misleading info either by accident or because they have a &quot;favorite&quot; brand. I have two Shindaiwa tx230 trimmers, and they never leave the van, now. Instead, I keep two Lesco trimmers in the rack with an edger.(on the open trailer) I bought two Lesco trimmers(the biggest one) months ago for only 220 bucks each for a 35cc model! These suckers are STRONG and run hard. The whole trimmer, <br>is the same as the Maruyama model with a different engine. The engine is made in Japan by a company named Shibaura. This company also makes tractors and heavy machines. Shibaura also supplies several other &quot;manufacturers&quot; with engines for their equipment. This trimmer normally sells for 389.00 but I caught a sale.(bought two)<br> Very powerful model, and I have tried them all. Around here, my dealers NEVER put the red max, shindaiwa, or stihl stuff on sale. I got tired of getting screwed every time I bought a piece of equipment and decided to try these. Lesco makes GREAT stuff and they will actually run a PROMO price on stuff a couple of times a year. Try one you will not regret it.<p>ps... After the trimmers, I bought two backpack blowers on another Lesco sale..they are great and start on the first pull almost EVERY time. 299 each! Screw the guys peddling those other brands at full retail! This is good stuff and I use a lot of it myself even though I was skeptical at first. Go for it, you won't be sorry.