Lesco make or sell anything like roundup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dingo, Apr 12, 2000.

1. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Does lesco make or sell anything like roundup? or would it be cheaper and better to just by roundup?<br>thanks Dingo
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

they sell round up.<p>GEO
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Lesco now has the Roundup ProDry in the large container (like 7 pounds) for under $90. I like it better than the the Roundup Pro so far. It disolves in water rather than being a suspended mixture. Seems to have more consistent results.
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Mix it with Scythe for quick results. :)
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Scythe sure is stinky, but as Lazer said, very affective when mixed with Roundup Pro.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You ain't kiddin about the Scythe. it has a way of transferring fumes through the plastic container I think :) It can be completely sealed and still put off smell. Good thing it doesn't smell like Orthene.
  7. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

About the scythe,<p>I had a conversation with someone the other day and they said it muffles the overall effect of the roundup. <p>What I mean by this is that the roundup, needs to be translocated to the root system to kill the weed completely. I guess, because the scythe kills the plant so quick, it shuts down and the roundup doesn't have time to fully activate. Heard that,though the area dies quick, REAL QUICK, it has a tendency to come back later on and needs a second app. <p>It makes sense when you think about how roundup works and how scythe stops it from moving. If the plant dies on the top, the roots may still be alive, but the roundup only has had time to work through a small amount of the leaf/stem and won't reach the roots because the plant is no longer sucking it in from the top.<p>Kind of like pulling a weed by hand but only ripping the top off. Later on, it always seems to come back<p>Seems like, that unless your in a area that requires immediate results, straight roundup is the best way to go.<p>Anyfeed back on is?<p>And yes, it STINKS.<p>steveair<p>
  8. Steve you make a valid point but if you don't mix some type of contract killer with your round up the customer will call you<br>that his weeds are still alive 4 days after you sprayed them. <p>It is a way of eliminating call backs.
  9. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Stone, you are exactly right.<p>I've had that one said to me a few times, so thats why I'm very interested in the Scythe.<p>I just looked up some info, and it says, (i'll be basic here, not to technical) that it basically disrupts the plant on a cellular level and cause the death of all CONTACTED TISSUE. That why it has such quick reults, it instantly kills the cells it sprays.<p>They say it really is suppose to be used on plants only 6&quot; or less in height also for good results.<p>I just was curious and guess answered my own question:)<p>For a quick note, maybe some of you who didn't know about how it worked learned something too. <p>I'd imagine a lot of guys are out there mixing scythe and roundup believing it will improve the overall effect. I guess this is not the case. <p>It's definetely better to use the roundup straight if time is not a issue. Maybe this will save some guys money who mix the scythe in all the time. <p>steveair<br>
  10. mattingly

mattingly LawnSite Member

Hey guys,<br>When you mix in the scythe and roundup together do you mix half the normal amount for each or do you mix the recommended dosage for each?<br>TIA<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY