Lesco Motorized Spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The Lawn Crew, Sep 28, 2005.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

Looking for info on these units and how well they work and hold up. If you have one or know of one for sale , please Private Message me.

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

now we're talkin. we have many of them. we attach perma greens battery powered spray tanks to them.

now you aint gonna 'ride' this set up, you'll have to walk but you'll have consistant ground speed and the fatigue factor is cut in half since you dont have to push it.

unlike the 'ride on' units on the market these machines have very little down time....in fact vertually no down time.

i also believe this set up is faster than any ride on machine when you consider loading and unloading of the machine from the truck. it is useable an the smallest of lawns and the largest of lawns.

as i recall the cost of a new machine is around $1700 plus another $400 for the spray tank.

we do have two units that we use for back ups....but never use them because we have no need for a back up. we'll sell you one if you're interested
  3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean the unit with the 4hp Honda? I have one and it's great. It took me a while to get the hang of turning due to having one wheel in the back. I can fit 120 lbs of lime, seed, etc in this thing and move at 4mph very easy. It's stainless steel so you can also use it in the winter for salting. I know because last year i used it. The only drawback is that the unit is heavy and it will taking you a minute to figure out how to load/unload if from your truck with ramps because of it being 3 wheeled.
  4. goforgreen2

goforgreen2 LawnSite Member

Believe it or not, Lesco discontinued the unit for all of about 2 months. They were planning on replacing it with that piece of crap ride on they now make. Luckily enough a lot of us complained and they have kept it in production. A very good piece of equipment.
  5. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

can you post a picture of this setup? how do you mount the spray tanks, and walk comfortably?
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to the Z Sprayer Website. I have done a search both here and Goggle with out success.

Yes The original W/B power spreader sold by Lesco is an excellent unit and is small enough to be portable. With the Third hole remote add on kit it is even more versatile. But My main gripe about any of these spreaders is the ground drive Broadcast wheel. I like the Truckters' electric driven broad cast wheel and will suffer the extra pain of hauling a bigger unit for that feature.

BTW the reason for my request about the Z sprayer is, some one told me they have the electric powered Broadcast wheel.
  7. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thank Eruuska

I see it does have the Electric Broad cast wheel I so much Like and it looks like a great unit. I am sure it has a Proud Price also. I will send for more infromation.
  9. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

check it out at the link

the one shown is a single tank mount, we use double tanks, one mounted on each side of the hopper.
    each tank is 1 gal
    we get 7k sf per gal of weed control
    the spray pattern is 7 feet