LESCO Mower quality

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JasonPC, Mar 15, 2000.

1. JasonPC

JasonPC LawnSite Member

Hi, guys! Well, my husband finally caved in and wants to be a rider over the Wright STander now. He went to sit on a rider for the first time and fell in love! It's a Lesco Viper 54" rider with floating deck. Very compact. He'd be the only one using it. They're selling it for $6000 because it has 40 hours on it. What do you think? I really need some advice. Thanks, guys!

2. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Lescos walk-behinds are great, but the Viper is a lemon. I have demoed it, didn't like it. A few friends of mine have one, they hate it. Even my local lesco guy doesn't like it.. So I would stay away from it in my opinion.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i was at my local lesco dealer this past weekend picking up some demesion pre emergent and i was looking at the walkbehind mowers. they actually appear to be built pretty strong...ive used a older one that i didntlike bu the new ones seem better. ive heard the ztrs have has several recalls.

4. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

get him to sit on a eXmark...viper's are made by MTD...take another 1k$ and get something that will bring you more $$ by being out in the field ,rather in the shop..<p>just by 1.80 cents worth..<p><br>

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

couldnt agree more! the toro/exmark is the cadalac of mowers! mtd is such crap! heard nothin but bad things about there new ztr

6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

My husbands Lesco ZTR has become a sore topic. He also bought a demo with a few hours on it. Lesco dealer said it had warranty on it. In less than one year it needed a major repair which required the machine being sent away for a MONTH and then they expected a huge amount of money to be paid for it, claiming that there had been no warranty. Still trying to get this resolved. Also, was never supplied with owner's manual and other documentation. Heard enough?

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I know a guy that bought a Viper last spring and has had nothing but problems with it. I would advise not buying one.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

8. SBALD

SBALD LawnSite Member

LESCO IS NOT WORTH BUYING OWNED ONE OF THE ZTR AND DURN NEAR HAD TO GIVE IT AWAY TO GET RID OF IT.nOT BAD ON FLAT GROUND BUT DO NOT TRY TO CUT HILLS WITH THEM AND IN KY WE GOT A LOT OF HILLS

9. SBALD

SBALD LawnSite Member

GO LOOK AT GRASSHOPPERS DEMO ONE THEY ARE A NICE MACHINE AND VERY VERSATILE.