lesco mowers and equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JSMLAWNCARE, Feb 3, 2004.

1. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

You can now check price and availability on their mowers and other equipment on their web site. You might need an account # to check price, I can't remember.

Jim M

2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you want to? Their mowers are the biggest pieces of crap to ever roll across a lawn - they even made the dog crap on the lawn look good. It was the happiest day of my life when I sold our last piece of crap Lesco mower in the tradin' times.

3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

[QUOTE Their mowers are the biggest pieces of crap to ever roll across a lawn [/QUOTE]

Damn I have four peices of crap, one of which still runs great being over 10 yrs old.

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe its the operator, I have a 96 52 Lesco well made. Has

thicker steel than my Toro. Its as good as any other 52 fixed

Deck. ED

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

They badly needed to update their website, it wasn't even as good as many of you have.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nevermind, I went there and it's already annoying. Details are sketchy and incomplete. Also, they show the weight on a 36" hydro wb as being 1,000 lbs. Ha.

Also, you have to give them an account number to get pricing information. How obnoxious. One sure way to not get someone to BECOME a customer is to make them provide a lot of information before giving them the information they're requesting.

What is the logic of requiring someone to be a previous customer before giving information out on your lawnmowers?

When will these marketing wizards learn? You can't force people to be your customers. Put out a good product, tell me the price, or I'll just go to any one of your 20 other competitors, especially for a non-innovative machine like Lesco's.

7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure the reason for that is just like Exmarks, and other brands for that matter. Prices vary by region or area. They want the contact information so they can bombard you with pamphlets and brochures. Heck, have you tried to get prices online for any other brand of mower? At least they have the option of checking prices online. That's better than the others.

8. JSMLAWNCARE

I've never heard anything bad, here locally, about there walk-behinds. I personally don't own one of their mowers. However, I have one each of their: spreaders, aerator, and leaf loader. I have never had a problem with any of them.
    Well anyway back to the point; I think it is a massive improvement over their old site. I like the fact or can check stock on anything!!! If stock is under 30 at the location it says call for availability, well for Fert anyway.

Jim M

9. JSMLAWNCARE

One last thing...

I'm guessing the reason you need an account # is so it makes it harder for their competition to get all of their prices.

Jim M

10. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I have a belt drive 36" inch walk behind. I bought it from a guy about a year and a half ago. The mower is about 8 to 10 years old and it starts on the second pull.

Jason