Lesco mowers, anygood?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stockie, Jan 17, 2001.

1. stockie

stockie LawnSite Member

Hey guys
    I was wondering if any one has used, or has has any Lesco walk behinds, im looking into buying a 36 inch mower, and im considering all the options, but dont know too much on the Lescos. Any feedback?
    Thanks alot

2. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I've got two of the 48-inch belt drives and they are tough machines!! The belts, spindles, and blades are all interchangable with the scag mowers. Basically, they are a really good copy of the scag machines with pretty much the same quality anda good deal pricewise. I have had no trouble with my machines, and would reccommend them to anyone! Made like a TANK!!

3. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 36 and a 48, both about three years old now, I have had no problems with them and they are excellent machines, and you can't beat the price..

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

stockie--the purebred lescos are great machines as far as the walk behinds are concerned.. there are however some hybrid lesco/mtd machines out there that may not measure up, according to reports on this forum.

I have the original lesco belt drive 48 with the 14 kawasaki motor. it has been an outstanding machine. dependable and gives a very professional stripe. I'd rate the quality cut equal to any comparable machine and probably better than some.

GEO

5. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

I bought a 48" gear drive last year and had no problems
    with the mower itself.The 15hp. Kawasaki is another story.
    The mower itself is built like a brick s*** house.The
    funny thing is is that my workers preferred my '93 Bobcat.
    They said the Lesco was too heavy and the grips are hard,
    even for me,to squeeze.
    The price for the machines are very competative but I will
    probably go with Bobcat next time.

6. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

We have a lesco 48" hydro. float deck with a 17h.p. twin. And also have not had any proldems with this mower.Check with your local dealer on,parts,do thay offer a lowner if yours breaks down.The main thing is dealer support and service after a sale.

7. Santa

Santa LawnSite Member

We have three lesco walk behinds,all belt drive.Two have lots of hrs. on them.Only problem has been base gasket's on kawi motors, but its no big deal to change.These mower's can run forever, they may be on the heavy side but they are though.Also I think they give one of the best cut's on wet or dry grass.Dealer service is lacking in my area but part's are no problem and these machines are simple to work on.I must point out that these are fixed deck machines .(not the floating deck ones.)

8. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

For $2500.00 I don't think you can beat the Lesco 48 inch belt drive if you had to! Get a set of Jungle wheels for your bigger properties, and go to work, make lots of money, and be happy.
    (Did ya notice my smile symbol is Lesco green?)

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Let me get this straight, Lesco makes great walkbehind mowers, right? But their Viper ZTR is a piece of crap, right?

10. Santa

Santa LawnSite Member

bob

I believe these are walkbehind's we are talking about.