Lesco Mowers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Signature Landscaping1, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I am currently looking at a brand new lesco w/b, 48in , 15hp kawi, there is a dealer bout 15 min from me and there price is $2499.
    I need some feedback on them?
    Thanks Joe

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

What size deck/hp engine?

3. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

15hp kawi/ 48in deck

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I say spend a little more and get this one.

[​IMG]

It's available in 48" also for $3,699
    The deck is great.
    Have it on my Z.

5. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

I do like that on but, its to heavy for the capacity on my tractor right now, since i dont have my licesece yet, thats why i had my bunton, nice and light to pull around. but now im looking for a new mower. and im leaning towards the lesco w/b belt drive. any more feedback? thanks ENVY LAWN i will look into that mower when i can drive.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Yeah, I have more feedback...

So, why not get the castor sulky, a trimmer trap and whatever else you need so you can just ride the hydro walkbehind job-to-job?

7. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

i have 20 accounts in my hood, but most of them are spread pretty far apart, and i usally have someone working for me, gas, i get around quicker using my tractor and trailer, i usally have a spreader on the trailer, for some lawns after i mow, fall cleanups, i have a little wonder, and backpacks and stuff i need to haul around. along with the mower. so im deff leeaning towards that belt drive lesco, soo do have ne feed back on that?. but thanks for the info on the hydro.
    Joe

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Signature, Your going to kick yourself in the butt for buying a belt drive. just spend a little more money and get the hyro...... You will be thankful you did.
    YES, Lesco and Cub Cadet commercial are great mowers and you will be happy with that also.:waving:

9. Envy Lawn Service

Weight on the floating deck hydro is 658 lbs.
    The fixed deck belt drive is 468 lbs.

The difference is 190 lbs.
    Neither weigh more than say a lawn tractor.

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing wrong with the Lesco. Have had mine four years with little problems. Right now they have the fixxed deck hydro with 17 kaw and electric start for about a grand more then the belt. In the long run you will be much happier with the hydro but the belt will make you money also.