1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lesco mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SimonCX, Mar 13, 2007.

1. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I went by the lesco dealer today and looked at the hydro WB's. I've got to say that I really liked the mowers I never really looked that close at them before. They are built just as nice as any of the top brands that I've seen, the 52" fixed deck had a 19hp engine with electric start. I've been using bobcats for years but my next WB might be a lesco, I couldn't really find anything better or worst then other brands, the price was alot better though. Almost any of the bigger brands would have been a $1000-1500 more then the lesco.
  2. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

I don't like the way the handles are layed out, just my opinion
  3. TurfConcepts Inc

TurfConcepts Inc LawnSite Member

I have a Lesco 48 WB belt drive. It is one of the best mowers I have had. The 15hp Kaw powers it well too. The Lesco lays down just as nice of a cut as other higher end mowers. Definitely the best value. Just don't go through Lesco for parts should you ever need them, they are way over priced.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Lescos are decent machines, but if you are looking at news machines, I'd stay away from the Lescos. With the takeover of JD, there won't be a Lesco mower to be found in ANY of the stores within the next few years. This means that parts availability will not be like it is. The Lesco stores will still carry plenty of turf equipment (aerators, slit-seeders, etc.), but mowers will be a thing of the past. This comes from a very reliable source.
  5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I have a Hydro 17hp Kaw 48" fixed deck electric start. I like it a lot. The handles/grips do tend to make your hands tired if your hands aren't large. (or so everyone with smaller hands tells me) I removed the safety levers that you have to hold down for the blade engagement. That made it much more comfortable. Good mower for the money.
  6. TurfConcepts Inc

TurfConcepts Inc LawnSite Member

Yeah I'm sure JD will discontinue the lesco mowers but part availability should stay the same. There is already a ton of after market part out there and the belt drive is basically a scag in green.
  7. venom

venom LawnSite Member

arent these the same as cub commercial walkbehinds?
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes. Parts will be easy to get. Just go to any Cub Commercial dealer.