Lesco Mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Prestigelawncare, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Prestigelawncare

Prestigelawncare LawnSite Member

Was in getting fertilizer at a Lesco distributor. Salesman made a pretty good offer on a 07 Lesco ZTR. I Havent heard to much about Lesco mowers and was wondering if anbody has any knowledge or experience with them. Good or bad?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search on here. LOTS of info on the Z-two machines (same as the Cub Cadet Tank).

Most reviews Iv'e read were positive.

3. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

When I was looking at WB's i was between toro and lesco. The main selling point is the service I get with my toro as the lesco I would have to wait a couple weeks. Other than that I know someone who runs lesco and has no complaints

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I run a Cub Cadet Tank (same as the Lesco Z-two) No complaints. The only problem I have heard about the lesco's is that they are not serviced in-house. So I would check to see where any service would be done on the mower. Other than that, I think they are a smart buy.

5. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

yea and also all Lesco mowers are being discontinued after this year beings that John Deere bought them out.I am not to sure how hard it would be to get parts for it down the rd unless everything from the Cub Tank would work on it

6. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

we hav 1 Lesco z2 25/60 works verry good. all parts are the same as cub tank as per lesco but at my cub dealer thay have no way of looking it up you have to give them a part number. they { my cub dealer is a pain in the ass but thats them}so when lesco drops the mowers for jd you can get parts but it wont be the same as calling your lesco dealer.We also run toro z master 25/62 and when i buy agen it will be toro.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Getting parts for any Lesco mower shouldn't be hard, since they are simply green painted Cub-Cadet Commercial mowers. Granted, there are usually more Lesco shops than Cub-Cadet ones, but I forsee this changing... There's a good demand for quality machines at a reasonable price out there. Good chance for dealers to step up and start carrying the line.

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

jthomas has quite a few parts for the lesco/cub deck etc.