Lesco Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by F&F Lawncare, Nov 10, 2007.

1. F&F Lawncare

F&F Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Hi, I am looking to buy a 52' Belt Driven Lesco Mower. Does anybody have an opinion on them:confused: Is it hard to get parts for Lesco Mowers? Also is there a company who makes Lesco or do they manufacture their own products. Does any body have info on the Lesco Company (Reliablity/Build Quality). Please let me know..and Thank You

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I'd go with the 48 hydro first. Big dissuasion on it the belt and hydro.

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco was recently bought out by John Deere. Just use the search function and there is plenty of info and opinions on this subject.

Nosmo

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple friends that run lesco walkbehinds. They are a very solid mower. I would lean toward the hydro rather than belt drive. Your hands will thank you for it later on down the road.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Lesco mowers have been built by MTD/Cub Cadet Commercial for many years.
    They are exactly the same as Cub Cadet Commercial mowers, except they are painted green and have Lewsco decals. Parts are available at Cub Cadet dealers.

6. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco mowers are made by CTP(commercial turf products) which is a joint venture between lesco and cub cadet commercial. I think the mowers are the best made. Lesco stores have almost every part for the mowers on hand but if you cant get parts there you can go to a cubcadet commercial dealer and get parts because they are the exact same mowers. The belt drives are very good relaiable machines. GET THE LESCO.

7. MOW1TODAY

MOW1TODAY LawnSite Member

i would think real hard befor getting a lesco got a letter the other from deere saying they are going stop selling equipment at lesco and you would have to do the jd dealer for service and parts $$$$$$$$$$

8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a 52 belt drive lesco. After about 1.5 seasons the deck was so flexible you could push down on the handles and watch the deck flex. The cut was awfull. Put a 48 deck on it. Mechanic had a few more there with the same problem. As stated above, would be doubtfull of continued service and parts as John Deere took over Lesco

9. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

Lesco will not be selling equipment anymore now that john deere is running things. besides, there alot better stuff out there than lesco. theres a reason the prices on lesco is so cheap.

10. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 48 belt drive and a 52 hydro. Still have the hydro. They are dependable mowers. The hydro will allow you to do more work, faster, and with less wear and tear on your body. A lot of the parts are generic. They were less expensive for a reason. That reason was they wanted to get into the market. they established a market share, and now that Deeere bought them, they will be changing things.

Buying a pre-Deere Lesco, I think you will be very happy.