Lesco Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMiller08, Mar 16, 2008.

1. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I just bought an older 48 inch lesco belt drive mower today. It needs a spindle assembly,tuneup, tires, and good cleaning but after some cash and time and a little elbow grease i think i can have a pretty nice mower. I paid 150 dollars for it which i think was a steal. What do you guys think about the deal and more importantly the quality of the lesco brand?

2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a deal.

I've got a 2001 Lesco 48" gear drive. I don't use it much anymore, but it still cuts.

3. JMiller08

Its my first mower im 17 and trying to get established in the business this year. I think it will end up being a winner.

4. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

If that is going to be your main mower, use leather gloves when you operate it. It will greatly reduce the fatigue and number of blisters you get, while also giving your hands some protection from being squashed or torn while turning and being too close to other things.

Always protect your hearing. Always protect your eyes. No high risk activties where you might break a bone - like skateboarding. Because if that happens, your business is gone.

After you get your start, get another mower. Smart operators have back-up equipment.

5. JMiller08

This first year i tend to put most of my money straight back into the business to support growth (hopefully). I have a job as a cook at a local restaurant at nite so i have something to fall back on. Thanks for the advice.